Here's more info about the latest update in Cliniko, which will allow you to customise additional fields for the patient details page.
This month has seen some handy new features introduced into Cliniko—check them out!
- You can now automatically email receipts for payments made via online bookings. In the past, only a Stripe (that’s the payment processor) receipt would be sent out, but now you can set things up so a custom Cliniko payment receipt is sent as well!
- Custom patient fields are here! These are handy for adding specific information to your patient’s details page, such as vaccination dates, insurance coverage, and anything else that you might need to see at a moment’s notice. They’re fully customisable to what you need and can be archived and changed at any time as well—plus, you can also add them as placeholders in your communication templates!
- Hyperlinks are now supported in text fields! There’s a new “link” option in the toolbar of the text editor area for appointment confirmation emails, reminder emails, letter templates, and more.
On the blog
Check out some of the recent activity from the Cliniko blog.
- Western Australian clinic Hills Massage shares their experience of what it was like to make the decision to use Cliniko as their practice management software, including how they handled things prior to the switch, and the way things changed afterwards.
- Cliniko founder Joel got up bright and early for a Cliniko & Coffee session, where he answered all your burning questions about what’s happening with Cliniko (and a few things about coffee, too).
- If you’re an Australian allied health professional, you may want to read up on the TGA Code of Advertising! Dr Jessica Stokes-Parish, PhD, covers the details on how it applies to those in allied health and what you can (and cannot) do under the Code.
- In healthcare, you can never be too careful with your patients’ confidential information. Check out the top five things we recommend when it comes to keeping your data secure.
Meet our connected apps
In each newsletter, we’ll be shining the spotlight on one of our connected apps partners!
First up, let’s introduce you to Dataplayer. If you’re looking for a way to make your clinic more data-driven or want to help keep everyone on your team on board with your clinic’s performance, Dataplayer syncs with Cliniko to create dashboards of your most important business information. You can use Dataplayer to show trends and get a business, product, and therapist snapshot of your clinic’s key metrics in a few minutes.
We hope you’re getting into the swing of things as we enter the last few months of the year. Thanks for reading, and we’ll be back next month with more updates!
- Cliniko news & releases
- Practice management tips
Michelle Rimmer has run a successful massage therapy clinic for almost twenty years. Michelle, who is a former nurse, sat down with Cliniko to share how two big and unexpected setbacks changed the course of her career, leading her to look inward at who she was and what she wanted—and go for it.
- How to
Data can help you create a snapshot of your business's health and improve your decision-making. But what is the best way to start using it? Diana Xhumari has some advice on how you can get started creating a "data-driven" culture in your practice.