It's time for our annual recap of the features and educational material we released over the past year. So come along with us as we take a look back at 2020. Who knows? You just might discover something you didn’t know about!
At the end of each month, we’ll round up all of the updates, changes, and things that have gone on in our little neck of the woods. While we do share changes on the Cliniko Community and our social media pages, not everyone sees those regularly, so we’re hoping that providing a centralised list once a month will be helpful for those who are curious to know what’s been happening with Cliniko.
Let’s dive right into the changes that happened in February!
Larger, more noticeable updates:
- Online payments are now defined by appointment type, meaning you can decide whether or not you want certain appointments to require payment before booking (previously, it was a bit of an “all or nothing” situation).
- The business address can be hidden from online bookings, which is helpful for those who offer telehealth appointments from your home address (and may not wish to share that address with your patients).
- The patient history report got a facelift, and can be filtered to make viewing easier.
- The practitioner performance report got some handy new metrics: Rebook Rate and Patient Visit Average (PVA).
There’s also a new “refresh” button next to each performance report you generate, so you don’t need to run a brand new report to get updated data—just refresh an existing one!
- We added support for the Zambian Kwacha (K) currency.
- When deleting a patient, we’ve changed the wording to better describe what happens once the patient is deleted.
- Some deleted billable items were showing up as “not found” on invoices and account statements. That’s not terribly helpful, so we fixed it!
- Confirmation and reminder templates weren’t saving if there was an ampersand (&) included in form placeholders. This has been fixed.
- Partially paid invoices weren’t displaying correctly on account statements, but they are now!
Outside of updates to the software itself, some other fun things happened during February, as well. Cliniko became ‘professionally approved’ by the College of Podiatry in the UK, which means that it’s been deemed a good fit for its membership of over 10,000 podiatrists. This was really exciting for us, and we’re thrilled to continue supporting podiatrists in the UK and around the world!
We also shared a recap of 2020. It’s packed with all kinds of happenings from the year, including a roundup of features that were released to help make the most of operating a clinic during COVID—like offering telehealth appointments, taking online payments, and more.
Before we sign off, there’s one other thing that we’d be remiss to mention: the recent outages that Cliniko encountered, starting the morning of Monday, 22 February (AEST).
We take outages very seriously because we know that you rely on Cliniko to operate your business. When something like this happens, it’s all hands on deck to get things back up and running as soon as possible.
Outages are a very rare thing for us, and in the almost ten years that Cliniko has been around, this was by far our longest. We’ve had small ones before, but they were resolved pretty quickly.
Monday the 22nd was an exception. The simple version of what happened is that the database we use was tripping over itself—trying to do too many things with too much data. We’ll be writing up a full review of the outage in the coming weeks, but until then there’s a detailed summary on the Cliniko Community.
It took a little while to figure things out, but we’re confident that the measures we’ve taken to fix this are working. We’ve also taken steps to avoid this happening in the future, because this is not something that we want to repeat. For now, we’re still keeping all hands on deck, just to be safe.
We always want to be transparent, so we will continue to update everyone as time goes on, both on the Cliniko Community and our Facebook page. If you have any questions about the outages, please let us know. We’re happy to chat further.
As always, if you have any questions on anything, please do let us know! And if you want to stay in the loop on regular updates and changes, subscribe to the Cliniko Community. You’ll be notified every time something is posted in the Updates & Changes section!
We hope you’ve had a good February, and we’ll be back at the end of March with another summary of everything that happened during the month!
- Cliniko news & releases
- How to
Cliniko supports Apple Pencil and styluses throughout your account. Learn how you can automatically transform your handwriting into text when creating secure treatment notes!
- Cliniko news & releases
As a recognised industry leader, Cliniko gives you all the tools you need to easily manage and grow your podiatry practice while freeing up your time to help your patients heal.