June was an exciting month for us. On the 27th, Cliniko turned 10 years old! We’ve put together some highlights from our launch in 2011 through to now on a new timeline page. It’s been a fun trip down memory lane for us, and we hope you might find it interesting, too!
We plan to keep adding new milestones to the page as time goes on. For now, we're especially proud to say we've donated a million dollars (AU) to charity, from your subscription payments. We couldn’t do any of this without you! You can read more about the charities we give to here on our charity page or in our latest blog post on the topic.
We weren't too busy celebrating to add some improvements to Cliniko. Here's everything we updated in Cliniko during June!
- You now have the option to take deposits when patients are booking online, rather than require the full payment upfront.
- We improved treatment notes! Multiple choice and checkbox questions on treatment note PDFs are now a little nicer to look at.
- You can remove an email address when sending a letter.
- Invoice status is now included in the invoice items export.
- The patients data export now includes all of a patient’s phone numbers.
- The appointments data export now includes more details about group appointments—specifically, how many patients attended, and how many cancelled.
- A couple of small changes were made to the waitlist entries data export.
- Have you ever wanted to set up special pricing for different types of clients or scenarios? Well, that can be done easily with concession types! Watch Rachel walk you through the steps.
On the blog:
Dave James (podiatrist turned business coach) learned a lot of hard-earned lessons while running his practice successfully for 11 years. Now he’s offering up his wisdom for you! Read all about it in his blog post 5 mistakes to avoid when starting your own practice.
We also had practice owner and physiotherapist Michael Dermansky share his insight on clinic business models. If you're thinking of starting a new business or switching things up, his post, More than one way to run a practice: 4 clinic models to get you thinking, has plenty of ideas on how to go about it!
Finally, we're excited to say that Cliniko is now carbon neutral! If you're curious about what it takes to neutralise your business's carbon footprint, this post covers the whole process we followed from start to finish.
That's all for this month! See you soon with our July update.
- Practice management tips
Dave James is a podiatrist, business coach, speaker, and mentor in the UK, helping practice owners reach their goals of building a successful business while living happy, fulfilling lives. Take a look at his hard-earned advice on how to avoid some of the common missteps of private practice.
- Practice management tips
Thinking of starting your own healthcare business? Already have your own and want an idea of how to do things a bit differently? Practice owner and physiotherapist, Michael Dermansky, has some advice on different practice models to help you make an informed decision.