So far, 2015 has been a huge and exciting year for us at Cliniko — and we’re only a month in! If January is any indication of what’s to come, we’re pretty excited about the next eleven months. Here’s a quick recap of what we’ve been up to during the start of the new year!
We fixed an issue with the Practitioner Revenue reports in which deleted invoice items were not being excluded from the reports. This has been adjusted, and deleted invoice items are no longer showing up in those reports.
For a brief period of time, patients were getting multiple appointment confirmations and reminders for the same appointment. This was happening with both emails and SMS messages. We addressed the problem and it shouldn’t happen any longer!
We corrected a bug that was occasionally causing the totals on Account Statements to be incorrect.
We updated the appearance both index pages (i.e. Invoices, Payments, etc.) and of the tables in Settings (i.e. Appointment Types, Billable Items, etc.). They look quite a bit nicer and it’s a step forward in making them responsive when the time comes!
There was a bug with referral sources — when creating a new patient and selecting from the referral source input area, there wasn’t an “Extra information” field if the referral source in question didn’t have a sub-category. This has been fixed.
Version 35 of Firefox broke a fix that we had introduced to help with some issues that came along with version 30. We’ve tweaked our workaround and it now only applies to versions 30–34, and we’ll remove it when those versions are obsolete.
There was an issue with clinics in Malaysia not receiving SMS replies from patients. We’ve fixed this, and the replies should work as normal again.
When creating an invoice and adding a billable item or a product, the page would “jump” back up to the top of the screen. We’ve adjusted this, and it works as it had been!
The “Today” button on the calendar wasn’t behaving correctly — when skipping ahead to another date, it wasn’t properly enabled and disabled. This has been fixed.
This was a massive change — we released a new navigation bar for Cliniko! Previously, the navigation had been at the top of the screen. Now it’s on the left-hand side. There are a few key reasons that we changed the navigation, as well. We wanted to give the content (i.e. the appointments calendar, the patients’ details pages, etc.) more space, which will make the work that you’re doing easier! Having the navigation off to the left side also helps for clarity and ensuring that you’re getting the best experience possible when working on things in Cliniko. We were also aware that the top navigation wasn’t incredibly “mobile friendly,” and a side navigation makes working on a mobile device (like your phone or tablet) a lot nicer.
Along with the new sidebar navigation there were, of course, bugs. Thanks to the amazing feedback from all of you Cliniko users, we were able to nail down (and fix!) a number of pesky little issues, such as the iPad 1 not rendering things correctly, devices running iOS 4 not allowing you to log in, and the navigation icons just simply not showing up on older browsers. We’re happy to say that we’ve fixed these, and we’re excited that the new navigation is being used in the wild!
There was an issue with the iPad in which the calendar wasn’t rendering properly. This has been fixed.
We made a small tweak to the login finder. If you’ve ever gone to Cliniko’s website and clicked “Log in,” you’ll know that you type in your email address and then you’re presented with your login page. We found that some users (who had multiple accounts, with some being cancelled), were getting presented with all of their logins — even cancelled ones. This was definitely confusing, and we’ve fixed it up so that you’ll only be presented with an active login page!
You can now export data for a specific date range! This will give you much more control over what you’re looking to export, allowing you to select a subset of records based on when they were created.
We made the text input areas throughout Cliniko a bit larger. Previously, when adding notes or other text, the boxes could “expand,” causing an undesired effect. We’ve added some restrictions to make those fields more pleasing and less troublesome!
We fixed the position of the search input icon (it was showing up in the wrong position if the browser was too narrow).
We made some adjustments to the font size of printed reports — we had been getting notifications that the font was showing as too large or too small. Now it should be in the “just right” category!
We released a small update to how we sync invoices for $0.00 to Xero. Previously, if you had had an invoice that was discounted at 100% (resulting in a total balance of $0.00), it would successfully sync to Xero … but then, if you edited that $0.00 invoice in Cliniko for any reason, Xero would send out a failure message. This was due to the fact that Xero was recognizing those invoices as paid, and you can’t make changes to paid invoices in Xero. Now, we’ll no longer try to “re-sync” an edited $0.00 invoice with Xero!
We’ve added the practitioner name and ID to the Invoice Items data export.
Whew — that was quite the list! As you can see, January has been a busy one. February is right around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited. As always, you can stay up-to-date with new features and changes on our Updates and Changes forum. Cheers to 2015!
Our video wunderkind, and Cliniko support team member, Rachel, headed off to Nepal in October 2018 to see firsthand the impact that Cliniko subscription donations are making to HIV/AIDS affected, and homeless children.